The IISpeed 2.0 beta 1 is out for everyone to try, we would like you to try it.
Get it at http://www.iispeed.com/
download/iispeed-2.0-b1.zip. This beta will expire
IISpeed 2.0 is based on mod_pagespeed 126.96.36.199 stable and has no limitations. You can now test all features, including IPRO.
There will be more news and releases the coming weeks. Be sure to follow us on twitter, Google+, or linkedin to get the latest news
Changelist IISpeed 2.0 beta 1
- A huge amount of features and improvements by upgrading to the new PageSpeed Optimization libraries. IISpeed went from 1.7 (beta) to 188.8.131.52 (stable).
- Fixes windows 10 IE/edge issue.
- Configuration parser fixes and improvements.
- Fixes warnings about invalid or non existing FileCachePath’s on some systems.
- License file parsing improvements.
- Fixes failed to stat ‘sites[xx]’ error messages (otherwise harmless).
- Disabled some shared memory features.
- Forbids enabling convert meta tags (as IISpeed doesn’t support it).
Important changes in 2.0
- The admin urls and interface have changed, you can configure the admin interface by
IISpeed StatisticsPath /iispeed_statistics
IISpeed GlobalStatisticsPath /iispeed_global_statistics
IISpeed MessagesPath /iispeed_message
IISpeed ConsolePath /iispeed_console
IISpeed AdminPath /iispeed_admin
IISpeed GlobalAdminPath /iispeed_global_admin
We will probably make one configuration option to set the root of the admin pages in the next version.
- IPRO is now on-by-default, it is recommended that you disable IPRO at first and test your site with IPRO
IISpeed InPlaceResourceOptimization off
- There is a new rewrite level: OptimizeForBandwidth
IISpeed RewriteLevel OptimizeForBandwidth
- The shared memory cache is disabled in 2.0, which means:
- There are no global statistics, only statistics per application pool
- The internal messages page will show per application pool output instead of aggregating all output from all application pools.
Performance for application pools served by multiple worker processes could be impacted by this, we would love to hear some feedback on this.
- Stability when reloading configuration and recycling processes is improved.
- Depending on your settings memory usage might increase if you run many websites on a single machine.
- Memcached will still work.
Roadmap untill the final 2.0 release
- Beta 2
- A new installer based on WIX.
- Better performing filecache.
- Release 2.0
- Release 2.x
- IIS manager integration
- Feature versions (IISpeed light versions which only do IPRO or CDN rewriting with a simple configuration)
If you have any questions or remarks, please mail them to email@example.com